[Cuis-dev] The Preference model

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Apr 27 11:01:27 PDT 2022

On 2022-04-27 10:36, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:

> El 27/4/22 a las 13:56, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:
> ..
> Personally I like the idea of being able to augment current preferences
> in Cuis with type information, without introducing new classes.
..
>> I am slightly concern it will be over engineered.

I think that the Preference is already over engineered and can be
simplified.

Take a look at MetaProperties in
Cuis-Smalltalk-UI/tools/Morphic-MetaProperties.pck.st

MetaProperties may have complex tests but are simpler than Preferences.

[Sorry, just had cataract surgery so my eyes are wacky at present so
hard to see to prototype].

-KenD