[Cuis-dev] First steps in Cuis

stephen at heaveneverywhere.com stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Thu Apr 28 12:52:20 PDT 2022

Thanks to the several people who clarified the CuisUniversity image for me.

It’d be nice if the web site had a simple download of an image without the added packages.

About the naming: It’s a shame--and it makes the system harder to learn--to have to explain that “Chalten is a richer model of the Gregorian calendar” or “Aconcagua is a measures package.”  That’s why the designers of Smalltalk had category header names like Kernel, Collections, Graphics, etc.  Even my Siren package uses the category header “Music” rather than “Siren.”

stp

PS: Siren also has a model of Magnitudes so that one can say, e.g., [1/4 note - 40 msec]. I’ll have to compare it to the Aconcagua model...

--

                    Stephen Travis Pope   Ojai, California, USA
          http://HeavenEverywhere.com <http://heaveneverywhere.com/>        http://FASTLabInc.com <http://fastlabinc.com/>