[Cuis-dev] Tonel Format source code browsing

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Apr 30 12:26:20 PDT 2022

Greetings,

As some may know, I have been working up to a port of the Bee/Powerlang
code into Cuis with the intent of generating direct to native runtime
code for arm64/riscv64.

Waaaay to early to be discussing that, but to be successful I needed a
tool to be able to browse Tonel source files.

Early days here as well, but for Tonel class-at-a-time format files, I
have enough working to share:

   https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Tonel-Browser

Just
   Feature require: 'ExchangeFormat-Tonel-Lite'.

Then open a File List on such a file.

The #code button should be able to create a Cuis format chunk file which
the Code File Browser can open.  #code on regular chunk files should
work as usual.

One major gripe with Tonel is that they use the same ".st" suffix as the
preexisting chunk files.  Different things should look different!

Still very much a work in progress, but this should be useful to people
porting from the Tonel format.  Can be safely ignored if not.

Good on ya,
-KenD