[Cuis-dev] Unicode Truetype coverage

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 05:21:11 PDT 2022

Hi Ken,

I will need to address the font issue for DrGeo. In Pharo version I was
using two fonts: UnDotum ttf file (for Korean) and the font wqy-microhei
in ttc format (for other languages). The later seems to be an aggregate
format for several fonts. Supported by FreeType Pharo plugin but not by
Cuis. I just learn that when I tried to use it with Cuis.

Then at load time, depending on the host locale I was using one font or
the other one to have a better language coverage. It is a bit waste as
most OS come with fonts files...

May be I will have to generalize this approach with more fonts, better
with host fonts, but I a bit complicate.

The Unifont your are referring seems to be pure bitmap, not nice looking
but still useful indeed. I have looked at it in the past.

Hilaire

[1] https://github.com/anthonyfok/fonts-wqy-microhei

--
GNU Dr. Geo