[Cuis-dev] Tests

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:42:52 PDT 2022

Hi Hernan, Juan,
Well.. I wouldn’t worry about tests that are not well written, they should
be fixed anyway. But I expected to be able to run a TestCase multiple times
with the same result. I’m using the changes that I posted since last year,
otherwise I couldn’t have repeatability in my tests. I cannot run tests
with cmd-t because the tests are not unit tests for single clases, they
have more “context” than a single class. For example I cannot just test the
class Matrix, I have to test matrices with coefficients over a certain ring
or field, so I have generic tests that have an instance variable for the
coefficients ring, and I have to set things like that when I build a test
suite.

Another way to achieve what I need is to copy the test case instead of
creating a new one. Just need to implement

TestCase>>copy
    ^ self class selector: testSelector

And in my subclasses I can make sure to copy all the additional state. Also
I’d have to implement #isSameAs: in my subclasses (why not call it #= ?).

Cheers,
Luciano