[Cuis-dev] Updated unicode input

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 04:21:05 PST 2022

Yes, I was planning to add commands like the \hat your tried. The problem I
see is if some user uses a different input method, for example a keyboard
configured in international English. In that case, Cuis with a\hat would
generate two code points, while entering â with ctrl+shift+^ followed by a
would generate a single code point (I guess). If we use ambiguous unicode
like this for selectors sooner or later some user will encounter a MNU. One
way to get rid of ambiguity is to make sure a\hat generates normalized
unicode, but perhaps a better and more general solution is to make sure
that symbols are normalized.

Also I noticed some of the diacritical marks are rendered slightly
misaligned, a bit too much to the right in some cases (depending on the
modified character). For example x followed with u+0307 should show a dot
on the top of x, aligned horizontally with the center of x, but it shows it
a bit to the right.