[Cuis-dev] Emergency evaluator

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Fri Dec 9 12:14:21 PST 2022

I had a few frustrations recently with the Emergency Evaluator poping up
all around but fault was completely mine.

My stock Cuis image was completely roted, but so was my local repository
Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev

As a small reminder,

- keep the stock cuis image virgin of any local changes. Juan wrote it
in several place. Lazy, I was constantly updating it with the github
changeset and saving it. In the process I likely save unwished changes,
may be some with roted state.

- instead copy the stock image/changes, and do your update from here.
 From now I will build my environment from these copies of the image and
changes, including installing change set new updates.

Simple bash script like below, will preserve from such trouble in the
future:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Start DrGeo IDE
#

cuisVersion=Cuis6.0-5542
ide=drgeoIDE

rm $ide.image $ide.changes $ide.user.*

cp $cuisVersion.image $ide.image
cp $cuisVersion.changes $ide.changes

../VM/squeak $ide -s drgeo/src/setupDrGeoDevelopment.st

setupDrGeoDevelopment:

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~drgeo-developers/drgeo/trunk/view/head:/src/setupDrGeoDevelopment.st

- last tip, start as often as it seems with fresh repo. Mine was too
old, several years

Thanks!

--
GNU Dr. Geo