[Cuis-dev] Errors loading solitaire

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Dec 18 14:50:30 PST 2022

I just built both Stack and Cog VMs on RasPi4 Raspian (64 bit) and both
updated and loaded Solitaire.

One possibility is that there is a bug in the 32 bit VM which does not
show up in the 64 bit VM. (I don't run 32 bit OSs at present).

BTW, if you are comfortable using Linux tools (gcc,make,ld), you can
build the OpenSmalltalk VM yourself.

The process is basically:
   git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
   cd opensmalltalk-vm/building/linux64ARMv8  [ pick os+cpu ]
  [ read HowToBuild to get required libraries ]
   cd squeak.cog.spur/build    [or squeak.stack.spur/build ]
   ./mvm
[ Answer `y` to "clean?" ]

"stack" => bytecode interpreter; "cog" => JIT compiler (faster)

FYI,
-KenD