[Cuis-dev] Diacritical marks in Smalltalk code

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Tue Dec 20 08:01:52 PST 2022

Hi Boris,

A quick follow up on this.

In #fetchMoreEventsDiscardingMouseEvents:, following the call to
#primGetNextEvent:, add `eventBuffer first = 2 ifTrue: [eventBuffer
print].`. This will show the raw data we get from the VM for every
keyboard event.

In #generateKeyboardEvent: you have the full complexity of processing
those buffers in Cuis. This hasn't been updated since before Unicode in
Cuis, so calls to #iso8859s15CodeForUnicodeCodePoint: and
#macRomanToLatin1: are probably a bad idea today. We need to just take
the CodePoint in the sixth position in the Array. Will work a bit on
this and keep you posted.

Thanks,