[Cuis-dev] Code completion

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Dec 22 11:08:41 PST 2022

Hi Hilaire,
 As Juan says, knowing the type of the receiver helps a lot to propose the
right messages to show. With LiveTyping code completion works as in a
statically typed language.
 What are you expecting from the code completion? What do you need when you
say "is not limited to the class I want"?

Hernan.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 10:24 AM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Hilaire,
>
> On 12/22/2022 5:37 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In the DrGSmalltalkSketchEditor (subclass of DialogPanel), to have code
> completion on a given class (it is set in a preference depending on the
> locale, to make code completion to methods translated in locale language) I
> implemented the methods below:
>
> computeMessageEntriesIn: aDynamicTypingSmalltalkCompleter ofTempVarNamed:
> aString
>
>     aDynamicTypingSmalltalkCompleter
>         computeMessageEntriesForClassOrNil: (DrGeoSystem preferences at:
> #programmingCodeCompletion)
>
> autoCompleterClassFor: textGetter
>      SmalltalkCompleter
>
> However the code completion is not limited to the class I want.
>
> I think it used to work -- or may be I was confused, which is likely too.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geohttp://drgeo.euhttp://blog.drgeo.eu
>

> Take a look at the AutoCompleter hierarchy. See, for instance,
> ClassNameCompleter, added by Hernán some time ago. You can build your own
> in a similar fashion.
>
> If you follow #computeEntries in SmalltalkCompleter, you'll see how the
> set of messages offered is restricted to the receiver, when we know about
> it.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletichcuis.stgithub.com/jvuletichresearchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletichindependent.academia.edu/JuanVuletichpatents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletichlinkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3twitter.com/JuanVuletich

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*