[Cuis-dev] Code completion

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Thu Dec 22 12:44:06 PST 2022

Le 22/12/2022 à 20:26, Hernán Wilkinson a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire,
>  it is a pity it is difficult to understand... I tried my best to make
> it more understandable from what we had before 😓

The user will have good use of documentation in the classes to know how
to use this library in his own objects.

>  The mail message is #computeEntries, that is the one that has to set
> the message you want to show to the variable entries.
>  If you download CuisUniveristy, you will see
> a DenotativeObjectNameCompleter or a DenotativeObjectCompleter that
> customizes how the completer works. Also, you  will find
> the LiveTypingSmalltalkCompleter that uses the typing information
> collected by live typing to improve the shown entries.
>
>  PluggableTextModel is the one that uses the auto completer, and for
> that to be customized you have to look at autoCompleterClass and
> #autoCompleterClassFor: send to a textProvider with the textGetter.

The autoCompleterClassFor: implementors I read does not use textGetter
nor textProvider. What are they supposed to be.

In my dialog view I use a TextModelMorph for the code view.

btw, in AutoCompleter>>computerEntries there is an undefined message.

>  My suggestion, to understand how it works is to put a #halt in the
> method SmalltalkCompleter>>computeEntries and the press tab for the
> debugger to appear. That way you will be able to follow in the
> debugger how it works. That is what I did to understand it a couple of
> years ago.

Thanks. It helps a bit.

--
GNU Dr. Geo