[Cuis-dev] Code completion

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Dec 28 12:08:20 PST 2022

> Observe that this method is executed when completion is done over a
> variable. The completion is narrowed to the class I want.
> [image: completion on variable]

I do not understand why I do not get the same result:
[image: image.png]

> From my eyes, so far I have the same behavior in the
> DrGSmalltalkSketchEditor and the Workspace.

It is not exactly the same. If the snapshot you sent the selectors it shows
for the variable t are the ones of DrGeoSketch, in the workspace it would
show you the selectors of SmallInteger

>  To make DrGSmalltalkSketchEditor you should implement the message #is:
> like this:
> is: aSymbol
> aSymbol == #providesBindings or: [ super is: aSymbol ]
>
>  And then implement the messages it is expecting for an object that
> provides bindings like #hasBindingOf:, etc.
>  I would make the model of DrGSmalltalkSketchEditor to be an instance of
> Workspace, that way the code completion will behave as in the workspace
> that is what you are trying to accomplish.
>
> I don't understand what is a binding, not sure it is needed either.

A binding is like a relationship, it relates the name of a variable with
its value...

Let me know if I can help you with more things.
Hernan.