[Cuis-dev] Setting the background color for all windows

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Dec 29 07:55:23 PST 2022

On 12/23/2022 2:28 PM, Stephen Travis Pope via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello colleagues,
>
> Maybe I’m being dense, but how does one set the background color for
> all windows?
>
> I’m looking for a way to set the color prefs like I use in both
> VisualWorks and Squeak, namely,
>
> From Clipboard.jpg
>

> …any help appreciated…
>
> stp
>
> ————
>
> Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai,California, USA
> pastedGraphic.tiff
>      http://HeavenEverywhere.com
>      http://FASTLabInc.com
>      https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
> http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections

Hi Stephen,

Do World / Preferences / Themes.. / (answer no to loading Themes
package) / DarkTheme.

You can go back to BrightColorTheme (the default). You can browse a bit
those classes. You can also install the Themes package, if desired.

Or simply create a new class `Theme subclass: #SirenTheme ......... `
and add these methods:

defaultWindowColor
     ^ `Color red`

useUniformColors
    ^ true

Now select SirenTheme from the menu. (Note that this only affects newly
created windows).