[Cuis-dev] Progress with Siren, OSC and MIDI on Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Dec 29 08:17:38 PST 2022

On 12/27/2022 9:59 PM, Stephen Travis Pope via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello colleagues,
>
> The good news: the socket plug-in in Cuis on an M1-based Mac works
> great, so I can use the OSC (OpenSoundControl) output from
> Siren-on-Cuis to play!  I’ve also ported some of the further support
> code and updated the workbook.
>
> The less-good news: after creating a Mac dylib bundle with the
> PortMIDI primitives that work on Squeak, and porting the Squeak
> MIDIPort class (Squeak uses a different primitive-calling format) to
> Cuis, I can get as far as primitives failing with the message,
> 'Callout mechanism not available’ — I’m stumped here…
>
> I put all of Siren (Cuis and Squeak versions) on GitHub at
> https://github.com/stpope/Siren9C and will keep it up to date as I
> progress.
>
> stp
>
> --------
>
> Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai,California, USA
> pastedGraphic.tiff
>      http://HeavenEverywhere.com
>      http://FASTLabInc.com
>      https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
> http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections

Hello Stephen,

Are you using the same VM for Squeak and for Cuis?

Can you make the environments for your experiments both on Squeak and
Cuis available to me? I would like to reproduce exactly what you are
seeing. I'll borrow an M1 Mac for that. I think I will be able to spend
time on that next week.