[Cuis-dev] Color Editor adds alpha-transparency slider

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Feb 7 11:59:38 PST 2022

Greetings all,

I had a need to set transparency so thought best to add the facility to
the Color Editor.

Transparency really is unrelated to other, true color features, so I
wanted to have a separate control affordance.

It makes sense to me to distinguish the non-alpha focus color from the
same color with transparency added by adding the new, third, color
swatch.

Now that there are 3 color swatches, I tried to minimize confusion by
using the balloon help.

One thing I find this helpful for is drag 'n drop color changing for
vector shape morphs.  Solid color for border, same color with alpha for
fill.

Let me know how this feature addition and UI change work for you!

-KenD

vvv===vvv
Feature require: 'UI-Tools'.

World Menu -> New Morph.. -> Vector Graphics -> RectangleShapeMorph

Get Morph Menu; click Push Pin to keep.
Click on color menu item (e.g. FillColor) and select ColorMix Editor
Drag'nDrop colors
^^^===^^^