[Cuis-dev] Draggable visual properties [WAS: Color Editor adds alpha-transparency slider]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Feb 9 15:09:32 PST 2022

I see that I made a fundamental UI mistake.  I added something special
but did not make it _look_ special.

For the Drag 'n Drop of Morph visual properties, the menu item text is
now in a shade of purple, and in the Color Editor, the draggable
swatches are bordered in a purple.

It would be nice when picking up a value to show all the possible drop
sites, but this would be computationally expensive.

I am not particularly wedded to purple, so other color ideas or ways of
showing D'nD specialness would be welcomed.

Anyone interested, please
  re-pull Cuis-Smalltalk-UI
  Feature require: 'UI-Tools'
and have a look.

Thanks much!
-KenD

On 2022-02-08 17:31, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> On 08/02/2022 07:30 p.m., ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
>> Try dragging a color swatch from editor onto a color menu item in the
>> Morph's menu.
>>
>> Or you can use the menu to get a Drop Target for the Morph and drag a
>> DropColor swatch or menu item property onto the DropTarget.  You then
>> get a menu of  setters to choose from.
..