[Cuis-dev] How to make a morph modal?

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:56:41 PST 2022

One way to do it is to use a transparent morph covering all the world and
make it handle mouse down events, and close the dialog on mouse down. I
thought about doing something like that for all dialogs. For example for
the “find class” dialog (alt-f in a browser), because closing it is awkward
(you have to put the mouse pointer over the text input to make it get the
keyboard focus and then press esc). Perhaps it would be better if modal
dialogs kept always the keyboard focus until closed. Or maybe we should
avoid modal dialogs completely and find other ways to do what they do. Not
sure what’s the best solution, but I think this something worth thinking
and discussing together.