[Cuis-dev] Tooltip

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Tue Feb 22 04:33:35 PST 2022

On 2/21/2022 6:36 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Le 21/02/2022 à 21:11, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>>
>> This means that #wantsToBeOnTop is no longer enough. Please review
>> and test the attached #5070, that implements arbitrary layers.
>
> Arbitrary layers works fine! Thanks :
>

> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

Cool. Morph layers now at GitHub.

WRT to tooltips, and acknowledging that Hernán wants to be able to
decide line layout, I see the following options:

1) A per morph property, as I suggested in #5071 attached yesterday.
2) A global preference, that would affect all ToolTips.
3) Automatically wordwrap any tooltip text that doesn't include a single
newline. To force a single unwrapped line, just include a newline at the
end, ignored by the morph.

I think 3) may be the best option. Hilaire, Hernán, folks, would this
work for you?

BTW, should we rename "Balloon" and "HoverHelp" to "ToolTip" in the
code? There may be some breackage, but it would become more consistent.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich