[Cuis-dev] Tweaks to GUI elements size windows

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 05:57:58 PST 2022

El 22/2/22 a las 09:37, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev escribió:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I just pushed a change to tweak a bit the behavior of the "Size of GUI
> elements" menu. I felt that the difference between sizes was too large,
> so I made "tiny" larger, "huge" smaller, and adjusted the rest. I hope
> you find it pleasant and not annoying. In any case, now you can call
> #defaultFontSize: with any number, especially if using TrueType.

It is fine for me.

I think it could be cool to provide some widget for selecting the size
instead of a menu.

Like a refined version of this:

options _ #(tinyFonts verySmallFonts smallFonts standardFonts largeFonts
hugeFonts).
sb := ScrollBar new.
sb morphExtent: 100@(sb buttonExtent).
sb scrollDelta: 1/(options size) pageDelta: 1/(options size).
sb model: [:val | |sizeSelector|
	Transcript show: val.
	Transcript show: (val * options size - 1) rounded.

	sizeSelector _ options at: (val * (options size - 1)) rounded + 1 .
	Transcript show: sizeSelector.
	Preferences perform: sizeSelector] setValueSelector: #value:.
sb	openInWorld

I'll see if I can come up with something better, or better idea...

Cheers,

Mariano