[Cuis-dev] Tooltip

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:15:00 PST 2022

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 7:33 PM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I think 3) may be the best option. Hilaire, Hernán, folks, would this work
> for you?
>
> BTW, should we rename "Balloon" and "HoverHelp" to "ToolTip" in the code?
> There may be some breackage, but it would become more consistent.

I like option 3. Regarding the rename, imho I think it’s better not to call
them a name with “help” or “tooltip” or “hover” because it’s restrictive.
In several occasions I used them not as tooltips, for example I used them
to show information to a user as an alternative to info dialogs and status
lines.
Btw, I think it would be nice if the Cuis balloons had a pointy corner
indicating the morph that the balloon comes from, to continue with the
metaphor of the original cartoonish balloons, like a morph is saying
something. If I remember correctly the original balloons would make pointy
one of the four corners depending on the relative position of the source
morph.