[Cuis-dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: Cuis-Smalltalk-UI

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Jan 7 08:36:53 PST 2022

Thanks Ken,

In top of what Ken wrote, we also want people to contribute to the
Cuis-Smalltalk-UI repository with widgets of their own. So we can have a
wonderful set of Widget for Cuis application development.

If you wrote widgets for your own projects and you think it could be
useful to the Cuis community, your widgets should be added to the repo.
When necessary, you may need to adapt your widget to fit with the
existing one.

For example, I wrote a WizardDialog for DrGeo, it was a subclass of
SystemWindow, but I adapted it to become a subclass of the Panel class
in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI. Now I delete the WizardDialog from the DrGeo
package and I use the one in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI

We don't have any development plan for the Widget set but more like an
organic growth from the community needs and inspiration. At least now,
we have common place where to put the widgetery.

Best regards

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo