[Cuis-dev] Browse class subcategories

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Thu Jan 13 11:19:22 PST 2022

Hi Folks,

I like this a lot! Thanks!
(below)

On 1/8/2022 12:43 PM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Here's a new version with Hilaire's second proposal and some fixes. It
> also renames four categories for consistency with the rest of the
> system. It's not intended for integration yet, at this point we're
> just playing with the idea. Anyone feel free to play with this and
> change it in any way.

Just a few comments / suggestions:

1) I think SystemCategoryWrapper belongs in the 'Tools-Browser' category.

2) If I click on 'Tools' and do cmd-b, I get a walkback as 'Tools' is
not a real system category. Possible fix:
openSystemCategoryBrowser
     "Create and schedule a new system category browser with initial
textual
     contents set to aString."
     model systemCategoryBrowser ifNotNil: [ :newBrowser |
         newBrowser selectedSystemCategoryName ifNotNil: [ :category |
             BrowserWindow
                 openNoSysCat: newBrowser
                 label: 'Classes in category ', category ]]

3) I think category ordering should not be alphabetized. I generally
follows "importance" or some conceptual precedence or such. And we can
always aphabetize those we want. To keep current sorting, perhaps
something like:
SystemCategoryWrapper >> contents
     | subcategories |
     subcategories _ OrderedCollection new.
     model systemCategoryList do: [:each|
         (each beginsWith: item, '-')
             ifTrue: [subcategories add: (each copyFrom: item size + 2
to: each size)]].
     ^ subcategories collect: [:each| self class with: item, '-', each
name: each model: model]

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich