[Cuis-dev] NEW. Thousand separator in Printf

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 03:16:54 PST 2022

Hi guys,

I just posted a pullreq in Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev on Github where I modify
Printf to be able to
print thousand separated values.

There is also possibility for the user to change the decimal separator and
the thousand separator which is good for local representation of
financial values.

I detected an ugly bug on printing big values (existing code), I made a
test explicitly
to remember it is there. It is test101_LargeFloat.

To see how to use the new feature see the new tests. The new tests are
numbered
so it is easy to see what is more recent. When possible I will update also
the CookBook and the Terse guide to reflect the new feature.

It is the first time i branch+merge then pullReq, i hope i did it all
right !

bye
Nicola