[Cuis-dev] New version of CuisUniversity

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 05:54:41 PST 2022

> Hi Hernan,
>
> Can we consider CuisUniversity some kind of Cuis LTS ?

hmm I'm not sure about that really.
I use CuisUniversity to teach at the university so it comes with packages
such as Aconcagua, Chalten, DenotativeObjects, LiveTyping, etc. that not
everybody might need.
You can think about it as LTS because I do not create versions all the time
but every 4 months or when I see that some bug fix or new feature in Cuis
should be in CuisUniversity, but that is not the main goal.

> RATIO. I am trying deliver to a customer an application written in Cuis.
> Still
> I don't know what policy to adopot. If it is better to ship always the
> latest
> Cuis image or choose one and stick with that for, say, 2 years.

I would not ship with the latest because sometimes bugs go through in the
latest versions. We try to minimize that as much as possible, but we are
humans :-) and there are not so many tests to cover all Cuis.
In the development environment I would use the latest version, but in
production I would be a little bit more conservative.

Cheers!
Hernan.