[Cuis-dev] PreferenceSet and migration code proposal

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Fri Jul 1 05:40:36 PDT 2022

On 6/24/2022 5:20 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Here is the code to migrate to PreferenceSet. Sorry of the multiple
> files, I did not find how to merge changeset, so the code comes on the
> form of several changeset and fileout
>
> You should install first*Preferences class-migration.st*, the changset
> files could be installed following the number order.
>

> Then to migrate to the PreferenceSet use, you invoke "PreferenceSet
> migrate". It will not work till the end of the method, but I let you
> fix it, I guess you know how to do it properly.
>

> Still to be done:
>
> - Remove former Preferences and Preference classes
>
> - Rename PreferenceNG to Preference
>

> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

Hi Hilaire,

I just pushed it all to GitHub. Thanks!

Some comments:
- Had to tweak some references to Preferences, that actually were
calling class side methods.
- Had to add a couple of missing methods.
- Had to completely rework the installation sequence, to avoid name
clashing on "Preferences"
- Removed old classes Peferences and Preference
- Renamed PreferenceNG to Preference, and tweakde BaseImageTest.pck.st
- Removed the places where symbols were built by code to perform them.
Used explicit symbol literals, so 'senders' finds them.
- Maybe some other detail I'm not remembering right now.

Please review what I just pushed, maybe compare with your version
(useful tip: Open a changes list, [contents] in the FileList, then
'remove up-to-date versions', etc). If you find anything else that needs
to be tweaked, please tell.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich