[Cuis-dev] FW: Freezing UI - can't interrupt via Alt+.

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jul 4 13:43:06 PDT 2022

On 7/4/2022 5:38 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 7/4/2022 5:01 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> On 7/4/2022 4:47 PM, Jaromir Matas via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Juan,
>>>
>>> I’m attaching a changeset that would evaluate the following examples
>>> identically, i.e. regardless of whether the code runs in the UI or a
>>> non-UI process (simulated by wrapping into fork); please let me know
>>> what you think if you find some time.
>>>
>>> s := Semaphore new.
>>>
>>> [[1/0] ensure: [s signal]] fork.
>>>
>>> s wait.
>>>
>>> self error: 'error'
>>>
>>> [s := Semaphore new.
>>>
>>> [[1/0] ensure: [s signal]] fork.
>>>
>>> s wait.
>>>
>>> self error: 'error'] fork
>>>
>>> I’m still just trying to analyze what is a reasonable requirement as
>>> for the semantics and the suggested code I just a rough idea for
>>> your review; I don’t have enough experience to see the bigger picture.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>>
>>> jaromir
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Jaromír Matas*
>>>
>>> mail at jaromir.net
>>>

>> Hi Jaromir,
>>
>> This code doesn't account for what I said when you were writing this
>> message (   :) !!! ), but it doesn't add complexity, it is perhaps
>> more robust, and could be of use for some use case I can't foresee.
>> I'll integrate it, with a little change to improve readability, but
>> keeping your authorship.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> --
>> Juan Vuletich
>
> Done. Now, when scheduling a new Morphic process there's no need to
> remember to terminate the old one. Gosh, as I write this I now realiza
> that it is no longer possible to have 2 different worlds running in
> different processes. Mhhhh. Back to the drawing board.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletich

Well the UIProcess class variable already precludes this. When we work
on enabling multiple worlds, each with its own running process, we'll
see. I'll leave it there for now.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich