[Cuis-dev] FW: FW: Freezing UI - can't interrupt via Alt+.

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jul 11 12:52:12 PDT 2022

On 7/10/2022 3:31 PM, Jaromir Matas via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Juan, all
>
> just a quick one:
>
> I'm puzzled by this example:
>
> [1/0] fork.
>
> 5 seconds asDelay wait.
>
> self error: 'error'
>
> I'd expect the ZeroDivide notifier pop up immediately because the
> #wait should allow the forked process run and request the notifier
> window - and thanks to the lastest updates a new UI should get spawned
> while the old one is being blocked... but it's not happening and I
> can't figure out why :) Maybe you'll see it right away; maybe I’m just
> missing something obvious; otherwise I'll keep digging - many thanks!
>
> best,
>
> Jaromir

The problem there is that the debugger for the 1/0 is opened when
Morphic ends the current cycle, to reduce risk of breaking state. But
the Delay runs in the same doit evaluation, in the UI process won't end
the current cycle until the doit is completed.

Just pushed a fix, that briefly forks a kind of watchdog process, and
spawns a new UI process if the debugger takes too long to open. Please
review.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich