[Cuis-dev] scrollbarThickness in Preferences (BlockClosures as preference types)

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Jul 14 09:44:49 PDT 2022

Hi Gerald,

It is because this preference value is normally dynamically computed. So
the type of this preference is a Closure.

Read :

installMiscPreferences
  ../..
         name: #scrollbarThickness
         category: #gui
         value: [(Preferences at: #windowTitleFont) pointSize + 2];

When executing Preferences at: #scrollbarThickness put: 30, you are
implicitly changing the type of the preference from a Closure to an
Integer, and I initially forbid it.

It should be possible to hack by changing the type of the preference
too, implicitly or explicitly  however I am afraid this could lead to
some side border problem. We need to discuss a bit about that.

Hilaire