[Cuis-dev] FW: FW: FW: Freezing UI - can't interrupt via Alt+.

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jul 18 16:43:39 PDT 2022

Hi Jaromir,

On 7/18/2022 7:09 PM, Jaromir Matas via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Thanks very much, all works great; I love you added the states of the
> processes to the Process Browser - it's so convenient to see right
> away what is active, what is suspended etc...
>
> > > If you open an image and then open the same image again (to be
> precise: in my case I doubleclick on squeak.exe, the image opens, then
> I doubleclick squeak.exe again) then the second OS process starts
> running in the background taking 100% of one CPU's core capacity (and
> nothing opens) and it needs to be killed from the OS
>
> > Has any other dialect in the Squeak family already fixed this?
>
> Squeak and Pharo simply open the same image as read-only and notify
> the user...

That's great! How do they do it? I mean 1) how do they detect the same
is already running? 2) how do they open in read-only mode? If you could
take a look and perhaps port the relevant code to Cuis, that would be a
great contribution.

> For me it's just a reminder I opened a wrong image and close it. It
> took a me a while to realize in Cuis there's something invisible
> running in the background when I by accident opened the same image
> twice. Now that I know it doesn't bother me; so I'm just reporting :)
>
> Thanks again; it's a real joy to try concurrent prcesses examples in
> Cuis now :D

:)

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich