[Cuis-dev] Decentralized menu definition

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:23:20 PDT 2022

El 20/7/22 a las 16:56, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:

> Watched the video, looks nice. According to the authors, it heavily
> depends on the Pharo'slot to describe object attributes.
>
> What make you relate it to menu?

They say their work is inspired on Naked Objects framework:
http://downloads.nakedobjects.net/resources/Pawson%20thesis.pdf

So, I'm assuming they are annotating an object's actions somehow, and
generate the UI menus from those actions.

It is probably similar to your menu pragmas, but more generic, as those
actions can be executed via menus, but also via other means.

I cannot tell for sure because I don't have access to the code, though.

Mariano