[Cuis-dev] PreferenceNG protocol

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Jun 2 23:52:06 PDT 2022

HI Gerald,

Le 30/05/2022 à 00:05, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> It's difficult to install preferences for a package, at least without
> a special CodePackage subclass.
> We need something like PreferenceNG at: #somePreferenceSymbol
> ifAbsentInstall: [ ... ]

Thinking about your comment, we may find useful a #at:ifAbsent: message
or something like that. Just to check if a preference already exist.

*Note.* To created or update a preference you don't need to check its
existence:

    /Modus Operendi//
    //- To create a Preference, invoke the instance creation class
    method (Preference name:description:category:type:value:). The new
    preference is automatically remembered. If a preference with same
    name already exist, its instance is updated with the new provided
    data and its instance returned./

    PreferenceNG comment

As I am going to use PreferenceNG for the numerous DrGeo preference, I
will learn how to more appropriately extend a bit the protocol.

Hilaire

--

GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu