[Cuis-dev] Hanging image at start up

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Tue Jun 7 10:54:33 PDT 2022

On 6/5/2022 5:29 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this scenario:
>
>    1. Install my development environement with this script
>       <https://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Edrgeo-developers/drgeo/trunk/view/head:/srcCuis/setupDrGeoDevelopment.st>.
>
>       ../VM/squeak Cuis6.0-5171 -s
>       ./drgeo/srcCuis/setupDrGeoDevelopment.st
>    2. Quit Cuis without saving, the image is saved directly from the
>       start up script.
>    3. Then when I restart the saved image, its hangs with a completely
>       white screen.
>
> Note: The produced image is quite large, 38MB
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

I just tried to reproduce this. Had to tweak the script a bit, as
`UIManager ui taskbar` answered nil. After handling that case, the
script saved a 13Mb image (Not 38Mb), that can be started again without
trouble.

I suggest trying to make that script smaller, perhaps by doing the setup
in a class method in one of the loaded packages.

Keep us posted.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich