[Cuis-dev] Any quick way to convert a UTF16 text to Latin1 ?

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Fri Jun 10 17:02:12 PDT 2022

On 6/10/2022 8:25 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> as title says, I am converting a script from Python to Cuis.
> It reads an XML file and does stuff consequently. Unfortunately the
> XML is in UTF-16 (we are running in Windows).
>
> I am sure the file content is convertible to Latin-1 since it is Italian
> text stuff.
>
> Do you have any quick way to solve it from Cuis ?
>
> The XML part is working, already tested converting UTF16 to Latin-1
> with an external editor.
>
> bye
> Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Can you send me (to the mail list or to juan at jvuletich.org ) one of
those files in a zip file? I'll show you how to do it, but I need an
example. The zip file is to ensure that I get it exactly as you have it.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich
https://twitter.com/JuanVuletich