[Cuis-dev] Hanging image at start up

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sun Jun 26 02:23:20 PDT 2022

Hi Juan,

Le 20/06/2022 à 18:33, Juan Vuletich a écrit :

>> I don't understand, in the base image, UIManager ui taskbar returns
>> the taskbar morph instance?
>>

> Apparently, not during startup time. Startup is a pretty special time
> for the system. See senders of #processCommandLineArguments. The
> #whenUIinSafeState: in the sender might not be enough.

> I prefer to keep this in the starting script for convenience editing
>

> I see. The price to pay is that debugging is immensely harder.
Can the process of command line argument be deferred after start up.
There are scenraii where it is much more handy to have command line
script file instead of configuration code inside a package.

> This image starts up without trouble (provided I add a suitable VM,
> and a CuisV6.sources file, in MacOS, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 64. In all
> cases it opens a walkback due to the missing fonts folder, but
> otherwise they can be used normally.

I tried with the exact same 2019 VM as you and it failed.

So I created an empty 'test' working directory with only links to Fonts
and drgeo code and the Cuis image and source. Build the image from there
it can be reloaded. Move the image in Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev then it does
not restart. Building again from Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev, it can't be
restarted, moving the image to the empty 'test' directory it can be
restarted again.

So something wrong in Cuis-Smallltalk-Dev that prevent the built image
to restart.

I ran the VM with -trace argument: on a not fully functioning image, I
see no message from VectorGraphics while I see plenty of when the image
runs correctly.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo