[Cuis-dev] Advanced debugger GitHub repository

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:38:23 PST 2022

El 2/3/22 a las 14:04, Nicolás Papagna Maldonado via Cuis-dev escribió:
> Hi folks!
>
> Here is the link to the GitHub repo for the Advanced debugging I showed
> today during our first meeting.
>
> https://github.com/npapagna/Cuis-Smalltalk-AdvancedDebugger
> <https://github.com/npapagna/Cuis-Smalltalk-AdvancedDebugger>.
>
> @Juan Vuletich <mailto:juan at jvuletich.org>  If I understand correctly,
> what you mentioned is that you'd like to know when a method is no longer
> active while using watches, right?
>
> Thanks all for the suggestions!
> If you miss a debugger feature from other IDEs, please let me know!

One thought about the tracing of methods and methods wrappers...
A good implementation of method wrappers could also be used to improve
the current Cuis breakpoint functionality. Current implementation
rewrites the method and puts a 'self break' at the beginning. That has
the inconvenience that if the method is changed, the breakpoint install
is lost. Also, there's no visual feedback for when a method has a
breakpoint, and methods with breakpoints are not tracked either I
believe, so it is not possible to 'remove all breakpoints'.

Just some Cuis debugging stuff that could be interesting to explore IMHO.

Cheers,

Mariano