[Cuis-dev] Reload button in package list tool

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Mar 10 06:29:58 PST 2022

On 2022-03-09 22:26, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Is it actually possible to load a different version of a package that
> is already installed? Sounds quite nontrivial, same as uninstalling a
> package. For example what happens if an installed package implements
> Object>>#printOn: but the new version doesn't? You restore the
> #printOn: from the base image? Not to mention that a package could run
> arbitrary code on loading, I have no idea how to reverse that.

If you are not going to start with a fresh image, I highly recommend
using the package browser.  Deletions and additions are color coded
(same is black).

The exercise of going through all the code (class side as well) is a
quick review and does not take that long.  This give me a chance to
_think_ about what it is that I am doing.

One can then file in individual methods, a new Class, or the entire
package.

$0.02,
-KenD