[Cuis-dev] Tonel Format source code browsing

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon May 2 10:30:11 PDT 2022

On 4/30/2022 4:26 PM, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As some may know, I have been working up to a port of the
> Bee/Powerlang code into Cuis with the intent of generating direct to
> native runtime code for arm64/riscv64.
>
> Waaaay to early to be discussing that, but to be successful I needed a
> tool to be able to browse Tonel source files.
>
> Early days here as well, but for Tonel class-at-a-time format files, I
> have enough working to share:
>
>   https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Tonel-Browser
>
> Just
>   Feature require: 'ExchangeFormat-Tonel-Lite'.
>
> Then open a File List on such a file.
>
> The #code button should be able to create a Cuis format chunk file
> which the Code File Browser can open.  #code on regular chunk files
> should work as usual.

Nice.

> One major gripe with Tonel is that they use the same ".st" suffix as
> the preexisting chunk files.  Different things should look different!

When I did packages for Cuis, I faced the same dilemma. GitHub likes
.st, and knows how to colorize Smalltalk. But Packages are not exactly
regular chunk files. What I did is to use .pck.st. Still .st for who
don't know better, but different for those who know. I suggest .tonel.st

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich
https://twitter.com/JuanVuletich