[Cuis-dev] Bug in Class>>#removeClassVarName:

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue May 3 06:48:13 PDT 2022

ah... I did not expected #declare:from: to remove it from the classPool in
this case...
Something to notice es that if classPool is empty, it does not set it to
nil as removeClassVarName: does
(last line: classPool isEmpty ifTrue: [ classPool _ nil ])

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 10:18 AM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 4/30/2022 3:55 AM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> Class>>#removeClassVarName: asks a user for confirmation if the variable
> is still used in some method, and depending on the user answer it moves it
> to Undeclared or leaves it alone. However, it stops there and returns,
> without removing it from the classPool. Shouldn’t it go ahead and continue
> independently of the user response?
>

> If I understand the code correctly, if the variable is used in some
> method, it asks the user what to do. On the user response it either:
> a) Removes the class variable from the class pool, and adds it to
> Undeclared (see #declare:from:)
> b) Does nothing. Class variable remains in the class. Code is untouched.
> No new Undeclared.
>
> Does it do something different? Doesn't this make sense to you?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletichwww.cuis-smalltalk.orghttps://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Devhttps://github.com/jvuletichhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletichhttps://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletichhttps://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletichhttps://twitter.com/JuanVuletich

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson