[Cuis-dev] Preference behavior and Parameters

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Wed May 4 23:08:56 PDT 2022

Very nice! Some comments and questions:

PreferenceNG class>>#detectType: is intended to be used for importing the
old preferences and will later be removed? I see it is inconsistent with
the initialization method that just sets type to 'aValue class' if aType is
nil. To ensure consistency, the initialization method could call
#detectType:, unless it's going to be removed. This is specially important
for Booleans, otherwise the preference will be stuck in true or false. And
should we set the type to the value class or species? Anyway, I'm not sure
it's a good idea to do this automatic detection of type, maybe it would be
better to just leave it in nil.

Also, PreferenceNG>>#printOn: capitalizes the name of the preference. Since
this name is used as a key to identify the preference, I think it's better
to show it as it is without capitalization.