[Cuis-dev] Parser gets confused when using $| in binary selectors

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Fri May 6 06:55:31 PDT 2022

On 5/6/2022 10:48 AM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I’m not sure I was clear, I meant a method implementing those
> messages, not sending those messages.
>
> On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 1:22 PM Luciano Notarfrancesco
> <luchiano at gmail.com <mailto:luchiano at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I’m getting “Argument name expected” when trying to compile a
>     method with selector <|. On the other hand, |>, | and || all
>     compile fine as binary selectors, but || breaks syntax highlighting.

Sure. Fixes at GitHub now.

A small detail: Now an empty temporal declaration `||` is parsed as a
binary selector, and therefore marked as invalid. Not a big deal. We'd
just remove any such.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich