[Cuis-dev] PreferenceNG integration in the image

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:12:00 PDT 2022

I think I would append 'Preference' to the method name.

If not, when visiting a Preference of type Boolean, the visitor gets
visitBoolean: , but is not passed a Boolean object, it is passed a
Preference instance. So, I'd prefer: visitBooleanPreference: aPreference

accept: aVisitor
     | visitMethod |
     self isTypeAClass
         ifTrue: [ visitMethod _ ('visit', type name, 'Preference:')
asSymbol ]
         ifFalse: [visitMethod _ ('visit', type species, 'Preference:')
asSymbol ].
     aVisitor perform: visitMethod with: self! !

That's my preference! (yes, I'm so funny ...)