[Cuis-dev] Load All TrueType Fonts fails in Cuis6.0-5069; porting from VW to Cuis

Shaping shaping at uurda.org
Mon May 16 06:59:34 PDT 2022

Ok. Let's see how it goes here. Trying in Windows 7.

1) Start Git Bash command shell.
2) mkdir MyProject
3) cd MyProject
4) git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev.git
5) cd Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
6) ./clonePackageRepos.sh
7) cd ..
8) curl -k -L -o cogspur.zip https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases/download
/202112201228/squeak.cog.spur_win64x64.zip
9) unzip cogspur.zip -d cogspur

10) cogspur/Squeak.exe Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/Cuis6.0-5069.image

Yes, this is what I did so far.  I will check it again…

Not that it is set up and running:

11) World / Changes... / Install New Updates

I did that too as the first thing with my newly saved image.  So the only real change so far is I saved to a different name, and restarted that new image,  before I did this step.

12) World / Preferences... / Set System Font... / DeJaVu... / DejaVu Sans
13) World / Preferences... / Load all TrueType Fonts

Either of these caused the bad rendering/walkbacks.  I will try again.

No walkbacks. No broken windows. System working correctly, and ready to be explored. BTW, item 6) (clone additional repos) is not needed at all to just run Cuis end explore the included features (including VectorGraphics and TrueType).

So VectorGraphics is already bundled in a deeper folder, and that is all that is needed for TTfonts?  None of the 21 loaded packages are needed to make all TTFonts available in Cuis?

I’ll redo the build and report.

There was a second difference.  I did remove the ‘–depth 1’ switch in order to download everything.

Shaping

I’ll continue to rebuild, but the procedure is fairly clean now.  I’m not sure what else to change.  Awaiting feedback on the other e-mail.

The mail list has a 200kb limit. You'd have got an email alerting you that a message larger than that will not be sent to list members.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it is not needed. Please start anew, carefully following the procedure on a new, empty folder. When you get it running, everything will be easier.

[…]

Shaping

www.cuis-smalltalk.org <http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org>
https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich