[Cuis-dev] Double colon syntax

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:08:21 PDT 2022

El 18/5/22 a las 09:55, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev escribió:
> WRT the postcard, I never got it. To me the big advantage of Smalltalk
> over most languages is not so much a small syntax (although some other
> languages suck badly at this), but the few reserved words.

The small syntax is important for me, because it let's me write code
"without thinking". Whenever I need to write something, I know it is
always, object, message, object, message. The same with lisp, function,
argument, function, argument . Yes, I know it gets more complicated than
that, but it is great to have that as common denominator. Most other
languages are, syntax for this, syntax for that, syntax for that other
thing. Once I get used to having small syntax I don't wan't to go back
to the other.

Cheers,

Mariano