[Cuis-dev] Fix for Random>>nextBits:

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Wed May 25 19:36:08 PDT 2022

On 5/25/2022 6:32 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 5/25/2022 4:45 PM, Jacob MacDonald via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Juan Vuletich wrote:
>>> Can you reproduce this reliably? I can't. Can you debug a bit? Is it
>>> with a stock vanilla image?
>> I'm seeing it on Linux, from Cuis6.0-5171.image, with VM versions
>> 202112201228 and 202205110711 alike.
>
> Ok. I reproduced the problem on my Ubuntu. Works OK on Mac & Windows.
>
> It looks that a file primitive operation behaves differently on Linux.
> The problem is in #backChunk. Will need to post a fixed #5174. Will do
> it tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,

Done. It seems that in Linux file writes to Changes file may have some
delay before being visible to others. Protected recent code against
that. Fix at GitHub.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich