[Cuis-dev] Newbie ahead...

tuxic at posteo.de tuxic at posteo.de
Thu May 26 08:34:00 PDT 2022

Hi,

following the instruction from here: https://cuis-smalltalk.github.io/TheCuisBook/The-Change-Log.html
which say:

  Select this new class category and create the class TheBook as a kind
  of Object: select the TheCuisBook category then in the source code
  below edit the class template to replace #NameOfClass with #TheBook
  then save the class definition with Ctrl-s.

I edit the source of the new class like this:
#Object subclass: #TheBook
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'The-Cuis-Book'

when pressing Ctrl-s I get an error in a big,fat,red dialog, saying in
its title:

MessageNotUnderstood:Symbol>>subclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:poolDictionaries:

The dialog is filled with stuff, I currently still don't understand.

What did I wrong here?

Cheers!
Tuxic