[Cuis-dev] Newbie ahead...

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri May 27 01:18:11 PDT 2022

Hi Tuxic,

The error message writes the message
#subclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:poolDictionaries: is
not understood by the Symbol object. Indeed, a Symbol (class), a sort of
constant string, does not know how to create a subclass, only the Object
class knows about it..

A symbol is written as #USA, #France, #Germany, #EU. A String is written
'USA', 'France', 'Germany', 'EU'. When written as USA, France, Germany,
EU, Cuis expect these ones to be classes.

Therefore, in your code you should have written:

*Object*  subclass: #TheBook
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''