[Cuis-dev] Endless loop while trying to install packages...

tuxic at posteo.de tuxic at posteo.de
Fri May 27 08:58:49 PDT 2022

Hi,

For my GENTOO Linux I downloaded the Cuis-Smalltalk bundle from here:
https://github.com/Cuis-University/Cuis-University/releases/tag/v5096

and unpacked it.
I called ./clonePackageRepos and then ./pullAllRepos .

Then I called from within the directory containing Cruis-Smalltalk
./run.sh

In the Cuis-Smalltalk I closed both windows.

Via Menu->Changes I Installed New Updates.

Via Menu->Open I started the Package-Installer.

Some Sliders pop up and vanishes, the cursor became a
hourglass.

Then there were only the hourglass cursor and the clock in the
taskbar does not advance anymore.

I waited more than an hour, while squeak put 75% on one cpu core.
Nothing further happes...Cuis smalltalk hangs.

I had to kill squeak hard.

What did I wrong here?

Cheers!
Meino