[Cuis-dev] [Haver] Presentations

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat May 28 01:46:09 PDT 2022

Hi Gerald,

Le 27/05/2022 à 19:59, Gerald Klix a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire,
>
> I am delighted that someone did answer at all.

Yep. Multiple worlds, I imagine it like a teacher or student bag. One
World for each work-in-progress.

A World of work-in-progress in geographic will present dedicated tools
and therefore a different menu, both in contents and in shape. *
*

*Contents*. To access the specific tool of the domain.

*Shape.* In the context of a world with work-in-progress with several
tools already populating the world, a background menu is not the most handy.

Multiple world and World menu are closely tied

> I suppose the world menu problem can be solved easily.
> Look at WorldMorph>>#invokeWorldMenu. The occurrence of TheWorldMenu
> should be factored  out, into a method named WorldMorph>>#worldMenuClass.
> Then you can easily subclass WorldWorph and implement your own world menu.

It is possible to hack it. However, in the longer term, I fell like a
WorldState object (is it not present in Squeak?) associated to a World
would be more flexible for future needs.

Best regards

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo