[Cuis-dev] Again problems with Package Downloader: Cuis hangs

tuxic at posteo.de tuxic at posteo.de
Tue May 31 19:32:15 PDT 2022

Hi,

OS:      GENTOO Linux, last updated this morning
Distro:  Cuis (not Cuis-University) - a fresh install
Symptom: In the process of installing Morphic-Widgets-Extra, the
         Package Downloader hangs again.

Since with my previous install the Package Downloader triggers
the Debugger only I did a fresh install of Cuis according to the
instructions.

After that I Installed New Updates and started the Package Downloader
(which installs itself).

I selected "Morphic-Widgets-Extra" and started the installation.
The process starts, some package were installed and then the whole
thing hangs.

kill -9 <PID of process of squeak>

was the only way out.

How can I handle Cuis in a more stable way?

Cheers!
Meino