[Cuis-dev] Pythagoras Tree Morph

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Nov 3 12:24:00 PDT 2022

On 11/3/2022 2:43 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I attach a Pythagoras tree Morph.
>

> Try with:
>
> PythagorasTreeMorph new
>     withMultipleColors;
>     openInWorld.
>
> Scroll up/down to change angle.
> Scroll up/down + Ctrl to change depth (you may need Preferences at:
> #ctrlArrowsScrollHorizontally put: true for this).
>
> (note: scroll + ctrl events are not working for me on Linux, or I've
> implemented it wrong.)
>
> Feel free to include as one of VectorGraphics example morphs in case
> you like it.
>
> Cheers!
>

>     Mariano

Hi Mariano,

I love it!

Attached is a version with the following changes:
- Renamed it Sample10PythagorasTree and moved it to the Morphic -
Examples category
- Limited the depth to 15. At some point, drawing becomes slow.
- Used a different palette for colors.
- Made it multicolor by default (for instance, if you create it from the
New Morph menu)
- Left a hollow triangle, just like (for instance) the Wikipedia page.
- Removed redundant #requiresVectorCanvas.

(BTW, kept all the code with your author initials).

If you agree with these changes, I can just push it to GitHub. Or you
send a revised version.

Thanks!